Monday, August 30, 2010

October Sky, or Rocket Boys by Homer Hickam



10 stars

Summary: NASA engineer "Sonny" Homer Hickam accounts his childhood and high school years as he and a group of misfit boys follow their dreams to reach space and build amateur rockets against all odds.

Review: I absolutely loved this book. I couldn't put it down, even while we were on our vacation to Disneyland. Homer Hickam has such an honest and humorous writing style that I laughed out loud several times. I even have to say that I got a little teary in some sections. It had a more novel-like feel rather than an autobiography. It was also one of those feel-good books that you put come away from feeling like you are a better person for reading. Like Homer Hickam, you come away from the experience feeling like you are empowered to do anything if you work at it. A thoroughly enjoyable read.

-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment