Monday, January 3, 2011

Apology

Ok, so this is not a book review but an apology. I'm sorry that I have not reviewed any books since September. That is mostly because I have not read any books since September. I have started several but because I haven't finished them I don't feel qualified to review them. However, I will mention them here:


Ok, so I probably read most of this to qualify for reviewing it. However, I haven't read too many birthing books so I can't really judge it against others. But I found it very informative and much easier to read that some others I've been browsing through.



Notice a trend here? This one was very interesting as well as informative. It started out with stories of women and their labor experiences then it went into more of a guide format. Some parts were a little foreign to me but I much enjoyed it.



I actually didn't get too far in to this one. It was recommended to me by a friend and I have heard elsewhere that it is a good read. I found it humorous in a sort of Jane Austin type way and I would like to finish it someday. However, I started reading it right when the holidays came around and that combined with the fact that it is almost 800 pages long. As a reader, I know this should not be daunting, but whatever. I have a life.

As to my last statement of having a life, I may counteract that by putting this book on here. I just got this over the weekend and I absolutely love it. As the title suggests, this is a book about the lands of the Book of Mormon. I realize that this can sometimes be a controversial topic as the geography is obviously not as important as the theology of this book of scripture. However, this is a subject that fascinates me and of which I am very passionate about. In fact, it is this very subject that inspired me to pursue a degree in archaeology in the first place. Therefore, I have found it to be a delightful read.


Like I said, I have not finished any of this books so these reviews are just partial. However, I have read one book cover to cover since September so I will be posting about that soon.




1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha! I love that you apologize by half-reviewing all the half-reads. Too funny. :D

    ReplyDelete