Sunday, September 11, 2011

Harry Potter, 1-4

(okay, so this is books 1-6 but whatevs. Just though we would enjoy some different covers for a change)


Okay, I usually don't give anything 10 stars, but I've been listening to the Harry Potter books as I work around the house and I may be a bit prejudiced. If I were to grade each book individually, I would have different stars though. For example, Book Two would be more like a 7 - it's always been my least favorite. Book Three would get a 9, and so on. But as the whole, the series gets a round 10. I'm excited to listen to the Fifth and Sixth again since I only read them once when they came out and hardly remember anything about them. What do you all think of the Harry Potter books?

2 comments:

  1. I agree on all counts. Even if you don't love J.K. Rowling's style you have to admit she is a GENIUS of forethought! Mind-blowing amounts of forethought! I may rate the individual books differently (for example, Book 4 is one of my favorites, and I know a lot of people didn't like that one as much); but I agree that Book 2 is my least favorite and would rate it lower than the rest. Over-all, she truly created a fascinating world that is delightful to return to again and again and again and...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love. That's all I can say. Just--love. Aren't you glad I forced you to read the first one...?

    ReplyDelete