Thursday, November 4, 2010

I Shall Wear Midnight by: Sir Terry Pratchett

7 stars

I Shall Wear Midnight is a discworld novel by my fantasy favorite Terry Pratchett. The main character, Tiffany Aching, is a young witch in training. This is Pratchett's fourth novel about Tiffany Aching. In this particular novel Tiffany and the Nac Mac Feegles (tiny angry blue faeries) must battle an ancient ghost of a witchhunter.

Like all of Pratchett's novels, it is filled with fun, humor, and has an excellent point. Since it is the fourth Tiffany Aching novel, I wouldn't recommend it to those who haven't read any of the other Tiffany Aching novels. I will say that the Tiffany Aching novels are great read for both adults and children. They were written with a young audience and will be easy for kids and adults to enjoy.

Of this book in particular, I think that I liked the other three Tiffany Aching novels more than this one. However, I still greatly enjoyed it and can comfortably give it a 7.

Finally, I was pleasantly surprised when reading the bio of Terry Pratchett on the back cover to learn that last year Terry Pratchett was knighted for his "contributions to literature". He is now Sir Terry Pratchett. I couldn't agree more.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't picked up any of your Terry Pratchett (SIR, sorry!) recommendations, yet; maybe someday I'll get around to them. It's nice to know they are out there waiting for me when (and if, apparently) I finish the line-up I'm currently on.

    ReplyDelete